Friday, December 4, 2009

friend, Joe Brouillette

There is Glory in friendship.

The older I get the more I value friendships. I have always valued friends but when I was younger I would often value getting things done over relationships. Someone told me recently that you may not get many true friendships in your life. I also have heard that most men don't have a friend at all. Some might see needing friends is simply being "needy" and we don't want to appear needy because we value appearing self-made, self-sustaining, able to make it on our own.

Friendship is not really about us, what we get or our appearance. Love comes from God and we have the privilege of not only receiving it, but sharing it with others. We may choose to withhold that love gift and stop the flow and stop life--our, really living. Glory is in the living and giving. As we love, we present God to others. We take His friendship and friend others. What is that? That is part of the mystery of following in the footsteps of Jesus.

1Jn 3:14 We know that we have left death and come over into life; we know it because we love others. Those who do not love are still under the power of death.

Was Jesus a friend to the blindman--He healed, the woman at the well--he asked water of, the Pharisee--he corrected. How about , as well as a friend to the 120 who called themselves His followers? He lived to give what He had to those around Him upon His Father's direction. Will I see His glory today? Today, if I am a friend, I believe I will. Yesterday, it was soooo glorious to help throw a 50th birthday party for my friend, Joe.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment